It has been quite a while since I actually posted anything of my own and I am always telling myself that I need to update my blog so when I saw this on Molly’s blog, I decided to jump on board and see if I it would help to get me back in the habit of posting. Feel free to join in as well!
I’m a day behind so I’m going to do two today to get caught up! Here’s the first.
Introduction, Recent Picture and 15 Random Facts about Me!
My name is Lacey. I’m a 28 year old wife and mother to two adorable boys – Hunter, 20 months and Bodey, 3 months. I am a full-time working mom that is constantly struggling to find the perfect balance between wife, mother and employee.
This is a picture of my husband Chad and me taken at my High School Ten Year Class Reunion last month.
15 Random Facts:
1. I am obsessed with baby products and baby websites. My husband nearly had to stage an intervention with me after we received three packages from babysteals.com in one week.
2. I could easily live the rest of my life eating nothing but cherry Pop-tarts and drinking diet coke (though I can’t imagine my life would be too long on that combination)
3. I have worked for the same company for almost 6 years and just in the last few months actually started my “career.”
4. Snow skiing terrifies me but my youngest son is definitely named after a professional skier.
5. The song “The Boys of Fall” by Kenny Chesney makes me cry because it makes me think about my boys growing up and playing football and I get sad just thinking that they’ll be old enough to do that before we know it – assuming they WANT to play football.
6. My “Dream” Christmas list for this year includes such things as: A new mattress, new living room carpet, having my living room, kitchen, foyer and hallway painted, and a maid.
7. My “Real” Christmas list for this year includes such things as: Grey Uggs, a pair of Toms, a Dyson vacuum, and a maid.
8. I am extremely close with my family and I really take pride in the relationship that my husband has with them as well.
9. I am head over heels in LOVE with my boys (Chad included). I often find myself just sitting back and thanking God for giving me this perfect little life.
10. We are pretty sure we are done having kids because I am terrified of raising a girl so we don’t want to risk it!
11. I really and truly wish that I liked to cook and clean. I know how to do both, and know how to do them well, but HATE doing them so neither one gets done very often!
12. I would love to learn how to bake and decorate adorable sugar cookies with flooded icing that everyone would ooooh and aaaah over. Perhaps I should add Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer to my Christmas List (note: this is the first year it hasn’t been on my list for the last 5)
13. I am a proud aunt to a silly 4 year old, a hysterical 2 year old and a beautiful 1 month old (tomorrow!)
14. My first job ever was as a summer janitor at an elementary school. Really.
15. I have HORRIBLE HORRIBLE road rage. I am convinced that some people are on the road specifically to piss me off – and they do an excellent job!
I can’t wait to see what else is in store for the next 29 days…