Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 3


The topic for day 3 over at Katie's Journey is First Love…


In my life, I have dropped the “L” bomb on 4 guys. That number kind of makes my stomach churn as I read other blogs and they are lucky enough to only have said it to one.


The first time I said it I was fourteen and clearly was not truly in love. It’s what you said when you were that age to feel special. I couldn’t even tell you whatever happened to that guy.


The second time I said it I was sixteen. I really think I thought I meant it then. It was a good relationship, but a short one. It was your typical fun, high school relationship. Looking back now, I believe that God brought us into each others’ lives so that we could help bring other people together. I am so fortunate to say that two of my best friends in the entire world met their husbands (in a round-about way) because of that relationship.


The third time I was seventeen and for the life of me can’t even tell you why I said it. That relationship was long and toxic. It wasn’t love…I don’t know what it was to be honest.


And then there was this guy!


The fourth time was Chad. The love I have for Chad is so different than the love I had ever felt before. It’s the love that makes all previous “love” wind up in quotation marks. I guess that is how we know when someone is “the one.” He is my best friend, my partner in crime and really is my first REAL love!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had other first "loves." Reading everyone elses posts made me feel awful that I didn't list my husband...but I didn't meet him until I was 25...there were bound to be other loves before him!

    I like to think in our cases....we saved the best for last! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, and isn't crazy to stop and think of the "big L's" we dropped? So glad you are jumping on to the 30 day challenge and looking forward to getting to know you :)

    ReplyDelete