Thursday, December 30, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
So - I never finished the 12 days of Christmas Challenge. I suck. I know. Our tree wasn't up yet so I couldn't participate in the decoration day and it was the weekend and I almost never post on the weekend so I just failed. I'm okay with that.
But, since I did feel like doing a little blogging today but really had nothing important to say, I decided to hop on Lauren's "Fill in the Blank Friday"
1. I wish that my pocketbook would align with my fashion sense (currently the inverse is true).
2. Yesterday I almost destroyed my car when the truck infront of me had a full size basketball goal fly out of it while going down the HIGHWAY! .
3. Today I will do a little work and then go hope to prep for the 31 party I am hosting tonight.
4. Tomorrow I will spend the day cuddling the two most adorable boys in the WHOLE. WIDE. WORLD. while their daddy tries to take down Bambi's mom.
5. Maybe I will be able get H & B to nap at the same time and I will join them.
6. Someday both of my boys will sleep through the night AND sleep past 6 AM.
7. I love the way that H will just bust out random words and full sentences that I would never expect to hear from a 22 month old. Some of my favorite words he says include: medicine, Lacey (I don't like that he says it, but it's so cute when he does), chicken, and sucker.
That's about it! Have a Great Weekend y'all!
Friday, December 3, 2010
- Get off my dead ass and do something! Anything! Walk. Clean. Dance around the living room like a maniac with my 2 year old. I can only use the excuse that I'm exhausted with a new baby for another 26 days (it expires at 6 months) so my goal for 2011 is to just be more active.
- Be present - so many times my husband, friend or family member is trying to tell me something and I am so easily distracted and miss half of what they are saying. I want to be able to sit down and have a conversation with them and fully understand and hear what they are saying instead of just nodding aimlessly while consumed in something else.
- Go to Church and build a relationship with God
- Complete the Couch to 5K program
- Save some money
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
So today - here are some random Wednesday memories.
- I use the term random Wednesday a lot and here's why... I graduated from college on a Friday night six years ago this month. We were driving to a bar afterward to celebrate and I was a little bummed because I just "knew" that Chad was going to propose to me that night - but he didn't. I told him that I thought for sure he was going to do it that night and he said to me "When I propose, I'll do it on a day that is special only for that reason - like some random Wednesday..." The following Wednesday he popped the question!
- One of my favorite memories ever - the day that I brought Bodey home I was a hot mess. Hormonal, emotional and exhausted. We set his infant carrier on the couch and Hunter came over to meet him. Hunter took one look at him, turned around and ran to grab his teddy bear then brought it back and placed it in the carrier. It was the first time we had really ever seen Hunter share and for sure the first time did it on his own accord. I instantly turned into a blubbering idiot. This morning I watched the boys together and that memory came rushing back and I welled up again. Don't know why. Perhaps because I am still a hot mess - hormonal, emotional and exhausted. But I guess that comes with the territory.
Okay - random post over.
...and put it in one of these... (fill about half way)
...and then top with this. Yes, I'm aware that this isn't Dom...but trust me it will do!
ENJOY! Mimosas are a wonderful holiday treat. We bust them out left and right. Holiday baking? Mimosa! Open house? Mimosa! Chirstmas Morning? Mimosa! And the best part - the work outside of the Holidays as well. Wedding shower? Mimosa! Baby shower? Mimosa! Lunch break at work? Mim...okay, maybe they aren't the answer to everything! One place that they are great is tailgating. They were the best part about the KU/Mizzou game this past weekend! AND - they taste just as good in one of these...