Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year - New Name, New Look

New year – new name. I figured since in just two short months I will no longer have “two under two” – it was time to come up with a more appropriate name for this here little blog. Perhaps I could find a name that would last longer than 18 months (which neither of my previous names has been able to do).

I had a tough time coming up with one that I really liked. I knew that I wanted the title to reference the fact that I was all about little boys, even though I would like to use this blog to talk about so much more. I searched high and low for little boy quotes to help me come to my final decision and had several choices but nothing seemed just right…
Here were some of my thoughts:
Puddle-wonderful (a reference to an e e cummings poem)
Snips and Snails
Dump Trucks and Dior (okay, I own nothing Dior, but I just think all those blog titles like that are so cute!)
Outnumbered
The Navy Chronicles (okay, that’s kind of a joke – just paying homage to Molly at The Fuchsia News.)

So I had actually given up on my search and was looking at something else when I came across a stamp set called “Bugs and Kisses”. I was hooked! I think it’s perfect. And – if by some freak act of God I wind up pregnant again and it happens to be a girl – she can be my sweet “kisses” so it will still work.

One of my goals for this year is to blog more. And blog more honestly. I feel like I get very caught up in keeping up with how perfect everyone seems in the blog world – and our lives are anything but that! My life is certainly not all gloom and doom (how could it be with babies like mine!) but it’s also not all sunshine and rainbows. I write this blog for myself mostly so it’s time for me to be more honest with you and ME. I need to write more day to day and not just when I have something wonderful to say. More on that to come… Maybe…

1 comment: