Monday, February 9, 2009

Tomorrow is the day...

Chad and I just returned from our 41 week prenatal appointment. Since I am clearly past my due date, we have decided to opt for an induction. I would have loved for the little guy to come on his own, but at this point, he really doesn't seem to want to do that. So, tomorrow at 6am we go into Labor and Delivery and don't come back out until we are Chad, Lacey and Baby Hunter.
I feel like we have been waiting on "go" since the beginning of January and then all of a sudden today the starting gun blasted and away we go. The next week is going to be pure insanity. Not only are we bringing a new life into this world but we are also packing up all of our lives and moving back across the state to Topeka. By this time next week I will be a mom AND a Topeka resident. I'm totally excited and equally terrified.
I don't know how I should be spending today. I mean, it's my last day as just me. Tomorrow our lives are going to change so much. It's hard to believe all that has happened in the past year and it will all be coming to fruition in less than 24 hours. We survived a miscarriage, something I never thought I would be strong enough to live through. We moved hundreds of miles from our parents and friends to start a new life in Hays. We made new friends, found new foods (I'm going to miss Green Bean Dumpling Soup), made memories. My sister gave birth to the most beautiful little girl. Then we found out we were pregnant again. We survived 8 weeks of morning sickness. We heard heart tones. I quit my job. I went back to work for Payless as a contract employee just to have an excuse to go back to Topeka once a month. We found out we were having a boy! Life started to feel normal. The last trimester hit like a ton of bricks. Chad's brother got married. Chad got and accepted a job offer back home. I lost a friend and a cat. My husband lost a cousin. Our due date came...and went. Now, here we are - at a countdown to Baby Day. The last year has been laughter and tears. Chad and I have grown so incredibly close that I can't imagine my life without him. I've become so codependant on him, but I don't mind because he's the love of my life.
So, I guess that is about it for now. Next time I post the name of our blog will be so much more appropriate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment