Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The little men in my life

So I thought since I was getting back into this whole blogging thing, I would catch you up a little on the two most important men in my life, H & B. (Side note: I don’t call them H & B on here just to keep their names a secret, that’s actually how I refer to them in most communications. H will actually answer to being called H. B, notsomuch.)


Let’s start with the H-Dog

H is my big, bad 5 year old. He’s a great kid all around. I have a hard time coming to grips with the fact he’ll be starting kindergarten in the fall but he couldn’t be more excited. He asks about it all the time.

H is going to be my athlete, I think. He loves playing sports. He shoots a basketball better than most people I know. He just got his first set of real golf clubs for his birthday and cannot wait to hit the links. He’s starting t-ball this spring too. He also loves to play Wii Sports and can beat me at Wii bowling with his eyes closed.

H is also a very sweet soul. He loves to cuddle and be close to me at all times. He loves to give kisses and hugs and I eat that up!! He’s also a great big brother and leads by example for his little buddy. I could not be more proud of him.

Then there’s B-Dizzle

This kid, oh this kid! This three and a half year old might be the death of me! He’s about as crazy as they come sometimes. He doesn’t believe in just sitting down and being calm. He’s my runner – the reason they invented leashes for children. I’m not ashamed to admit that we used on one him at Disney last May. I thought it was a joke when my mom bought them but after he wiggled free at the airport and ran through the terminal and then did the same thing while we waited for the bus after a long day at Magic Kingdom he spent the next three days either strapped to his stroller or wearing that backpack harness. Judge away! I’d rather risk looking like a crappy parent for putting him in one than planning a funeral or putting up Missing Child posters. Thankfully, I think our leash days are over.

B’s #1 obsession is stuffed animals. He’s got more than any child should have but it will never be enough. Every night before bed I have to help him line them all up just perfect on his bed so he can sleep with them. It can be a chore, especially when one goes missing but there is really nothing cuter than watching him cuddle them.

B is the baby and he knows it! That’s my fault. I have been coached by his father that I need to keep referring to him as such. Apparently when he is whining his dad will say “Stop being a baby” to which B likes to respond “But I’m my mommy’s baby.” Yes you are, kid. And you always will be.



So, that’s a little high level overview of my little loves. I cannot begin to tell you how truly blessed I am to get to be their mom. Every night, before I go to bed, I sneak into their room and kiss them on the foreheads and thank God for giving me the best gift on the planet in those two little knuckleheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment