Friday, February 18, 2011

Look who's back...back again!



Hi! Remember me? Long time no see. Life has been so crazy around here lately. So much has happened since I last posted. The big guy turned TWO! The little guy is CRAWLING and, wait for it… SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! I have been up to my eyeballs I work. The guys survived a whole week without me while I was out of town for a meeting. (Mind you, all of the milestones mentioned above about my children happened WHILE I WAS GONE! (read: I’m never leaving again!)).



So, I thought I would jump back into this whole thing by doing a little 5QF with Mama M from My Little Life. Feel free to join in!



1. Have you worn the same outfit more than one day in a row?


Yes. Shock! If you asked people that I work with they would probably say that I do it all the time because I tend to always dress as though a funeral could break out at any minute (read: lotsa black!) However, though my outfits look similar – they are not the same. While on maternity leave though I probably went a good three days at a time wearing the same maxi dress. I would take it off long enough to shower and slap it right back on. It was the most comfortable thing I owned and made nursing easy. Usually by day 3 Chad would start commenting and I would break down and wash it. This cycle happened more than once last summer!


2. If you had to choose any LARGE city to live in, which would it be?


I would probably have to say Denver. Well…except I hate snow. Maybe DFW – though I haven’t been since I was like eight. Chad loves Boston, but I’ve never been. I guess the most realistic answer would have to be KC – which I have a feeling will happen at some point in my life.


3. Fly or drive with the kids on vacation?


We have yet to do a family vacation but when we do – it will be by land (read: drive). I get anxiety just shuffling my kids through Wal-Mart, I can only imagine what it would be like to get them through an airport. Oh, and then there is the thought of having “that kid” on the plane. Just the thought raises my blood pressure. Both of the boys seem to do pretty well in the car and can handle 90 minute stints without issue – though we haven’t tried to push them much beyond that. We’d like to take them to Omaha this summer so that will be our first real “vacation” so we’ll find out how well they really travel. If that doesn’t go well. We may never see life beyond KC until they are old enough to drive themselves.


4. What is your idea of "spring cleaning"?


I don’t really have an idea. When the weather gets nice and the windows open, the last thing that I want to do is be inside dusting baseboards. I am sure that there will be a day where we will go through all the boys stuff and figure out what we need to toss, sell and give away but other than that, the only real “spring cleaning” that we’ll do is sweeping off the patio and scrubbing down the grill so we can enjoy that time outside.


5. What is the best book you have ever read?

The Five People you Meet in Heaven – to this day, this is the only book that I have not been able to put down and consumed in one day. It is also the only book that has ever made me cry (okay, sob uncontrollably). Just thinking about it makes me start to well up. Good. Friggin’. Book.
Enjoy your Friday y'all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am doing my"spring" cleaning now just so I can enjoy a nice spring/summer and have no chores. I have been so sick of the cold weather and have tried to do most everything while trapped inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am intrigued by your book. I might have to check that out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete