Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 15th

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. In the blog world, it can become overwhelming and emotional as you read the stories of so many women that have been effected by pregnancy and infant loss.
Is has been 19 months since Chad and I suffered our own pregnancy loss. It was the hardest 4 days of my life having to carry on knowing that I was soon going to lose something that I had grown to love so much in such a short, short amount of time. I remember feeling very hallow and sad, walking around in a haze.
Prior to that pregnancy I didn’t know many people that had ever had miscarriages. The ones that I did always shocked me with how strong they were. I always said that if something like that happened to me I never thought that I would be able to get out of bed.
I guess that God knew I was stronger than that. He rewarded our strength 12 months later with a wonderful, healthy baby boy.
Today, my heart goes out to all mothers and families that have suffered the loss of a pregnancy or infant. God is with you…

No comments:

Post a Comment